It's like a heat wave

Whenever I'm with you
Something inside starts burning


And my hearts filled with fire

Something's got me amazed
Don't know what to do
My head's in a haze

It's like a heatwave burning in my heart
I can't keep from crying
Tearing me apart...

(Martha and the Vandellas 1963)

I took this photo during 100 degree weather last summer!

WHOA! Do you know how much it cost to keep a 75 year old house cool in a heatwave?! My energy is through the roof! This is not the time to climb into the attic and add extra insulation or start a new exercise routine that will have you sweating in the first 4 minutes!
And since I don't want to heat up the kitchen I decided to grill out, but Not in the heat of the day.
So after church I stopped by the grocery store to get some fixins for this weeks meals and after dark I fired up the grill with about $25 worth of protein to go with some fresh produce. This will allow me to take my lunch this week and have dinner ready and waiting when I get home!

chicken breasts, salmon, steak

I'm also including some of my favorite Pinterests re-pins to go with my Heatwave theme:








Which reminds me, I forgot to get some essentials today: asparagus, garbage bags and sugar-free non-dairy creamer for my coffee! Uggh!  

Oh well, stay cool my bloggies!

grapefruit sorbet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.