Nocturnal Pie Making

I think I'm predisposed to late night peach pie baking like my grandma! 
When I was a kid she'd make them with peaches she harvested from her fruit trees out back, during the cool of a summer night. She didn't have a recipe, but I watched very carefully!

my momma's cake stand and linens



Before you think that I wrecked my diet, let me tell you, I've developed the will power of a Roman soldier! 

And It's NOT for me!!!!

It's for my brand new neighbor who was born early Sunday morning.

Well...not for her, I got nothing to feed Her with, 
but mommy and daddy will be hungry and will likely host lots of well wishers and family members in the next week.
I also made a pasta dish, some fresh crescent rolls, steamed broccoli, sweet iced-tea and some hand churned Blue Bell vanilla ice cream to go with that pie. 
Yeah, I'm kind of a nut but doesn't the bible say to love your neighbor as yourself?! 
(Mark 12:30-31).

I don't plan on having a baby anytime soon (or ever) but having been to two funerals in the past couple of weeks I've been thinking a lot about life in general.
I want to live the kind of life that merits a 'Well done good and faithful servant' and I would hope that when I go home to glory someone will comfort my family with something good to eat and a warm hug!

Truthfully, I always say "oh, I'm gonna make so and so a meal or go help out in their time of need or celebration" but I get busy and though I really want to, I just don't do it. Oddly enough, I'm incredibly busy now, but I know how much my neighbors prayed for this little blessing and I figured it's worth staying up late for just this once!

plus, sleeping is for babies!


;-)




p.s. Lest you think I'm a saint: 
my ex-boyfriend called to tell me that he's a new father too. 
(he really called to gloat about his latest accomplishments after we broke up.) 
And while I'm truly happy for him...guess what... I'm NOT baking him a pie!




It's FRIDAY and we made it! 
Looks like my late night baking spree's not quite over...


I made these for the staff at work because we've had a really hard week 
(and I only succumbed to one spoon full of batter!)

Comments

Roeshel said…
You're such a good neighbor! Why don't you live next to me?! haha!


Thanks for sharing our excitement with the design challenge, Glory and for taking the time to comment! The reassurance is appreciated! We had a great time, we love the room but we're nervous! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Roeshel
Glorious said…
Cookies and Pie for both of you! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

I need to go exercise after looking at this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.