The New Is Here!

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” - 2 Corinthians 5:17


I'm looking forward to what this new year will bring, good and bad. Last year, I finished a 5 year long project, sulked over some personal failures, worked my derriere off, started this blog, lost all shame, and started some new quests. From July to October I was on an adrenaline high that I'm still coming down from. I look at 2011 as a blank slate. The goals that were once crazy to even utter somehow seem attainable: 65 lb weight loss, financial recovery, finding a permanent job I love, health insurance, refining my creative outlets, re-connecting with friends, learning more, giving more, and as a friend said on her blog some months ago, 'making room for love' (and what a tremendous love she had, in such a short amount of time).

That friend went out in search of love, found love, married, and lost her love all within a year. I admire her courage and strength to make room for love and embrace every facet of it. It reminds me of the 1993 movie, Shadowlands, about the life of author C.S. Lewis. 
None of us are promised tomorrow so we must make the most of today.

I've collected these old watch faces with the intentions of creating collage sculptures but I've not yet taken the time to do that. Standing alone, without their hands, they seem to personify limitless possibilities. Time can be a bittersweet thing...




For Now:
I'm Moving Forward, on a mission (no brakes, reverse, neutral nor park)!

Comments

Unknown said…
I am honored dear friend! I'll be in HCP tomorrow and will be at Manchester Arms Thursday evening - stop by and say 'Howdy' if you have time. xoxoxo Kimy

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.