My Own Brand of Happy


Hey, seeing as I'm turning another year older I just needed to put this out there: I'm Happy! Yes, it's my own brand of happiness and it may be vastly different from your own definition but at this age I've learned to march to a different drum.

My life has not been a bed of roses but I've managed to live nearly half a century without any jail time, drug addiction, and only 2 traffic tickets! I graduated college in 4 years, magna cum laude, spent a semester in Italy, learning another language and culture. I picked a profession that was not the hopes or desires of my parents but fueled a passion I've had since I drew on the walls of my grandmothers house at 5 years old and got scolded for it, but never gave up on it. When I finished college I worked hard to perfect my craft as a designer in hopes of fulfilling my dream to become an art director. I bought my own home at 26 (without the help of parents or a husband) and I joined a church that same year, confirming my own faith and not riding on the coat tails of my parents. I made a major move, bought my dream home and at one point, owned several properties and got to fulfill my dream of becoming the art director and getting my masters of fine art!
Yes, I have been Blessed!

Well, lest you think I'm just tooting my own horn, 
I must tell you that in the past 6 years, I've progressively lost MOST of that and been through a few raging fires...But I am still me, full of hope and potential!

I'd rather not focus on the losses, 
but on the baby steps towards a personal revival and restoration. 


I am still Blessed
and
I am Happy with a capital H!

;-)


Here's a really good series on making decisions in life. Wish I had known this when I was a kid!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.