I went to a garden party...

to reminisce with my old friends
A chance to share old memories 
and play our songs again
When I got to the garden party,
they all knew my name
No one recognized me, I didn't look the same
CHORUS
But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself...











I stepped back in time and visited an older relative who is one of my Heroes. She's 88, retired, plays tennis, hikes, ice-skates and still drives. She owns the home that she's lived in since 1959 and still has a rotary phone. Her garden is absolutely delightful, full of grape arbors and plants she's had for decades! She invited me to a Forth of July garden party of a neighbor and friend, a young retired couple who have traveled all over the world (most recently India). Their front yard is a vegetable and flower garden (pictured above), based on 
"The Edible Front Yard: The Mow-Less, Grow-More Plan for a Beautiful, Bountiful Garden" from by Ivette Soler. It was gorgeous...what a great idea! It was such a multi-cultural blend of people, wonderful conversation and fresh tasty food that I didn't want to leave! I could do without cell phone and internet if there were more garden parties like that!! 

(Timber Press, $19.95).

I'm so doing this next year...Have you seen my weedy front yard?!


HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! 
And many many Thanks to all of those who encouraged me while I was away! It was a pleasant surprise...
my last post was rather cynical...sorry!







lot-dah-dah-dah (lot-dah-dah-dah)
lot-in-dah-dah-dah

Garden Party Lyrics


Artist: Ricky Nelson

Comments

Bonnie said…
Visiting with mentors and heros is the best. Love the sad puppy dog eyes!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.