In Remembrance

photo by madrigals, logo and design by me.


 Let every nation know, whether it wishes
us well or ill, that we shall pay any
price, bear any burden, meet any hardship,
support any friend, oppose any foe, to
assure the survival and success of liberty.

– President John F. Kennedy




Blessed are those who mourn, 
for they will be comforted.” 
(Matthew 5:4)


On 9/11/01 I arrived at my office about 9:30 am, tired and annoyed for some reason. 
I was carrying a cup of coffee as I entered the lobby of my office building and saw a bunch of people standing around looking at the tv monitors. I knew it had to be serious because everyone had a look of shock on their faces. When I got to my office I turned on the tv and I was horrified too. I wondered what I would do if, before I finished my morning coffee, I were forced to make a choice to burn in a building or leap to my death. I wondered where that missing plane was and I wondered about the people at the Pentagon. After several phone calls to my family in Pennsylvania and my mom and dad,  our office manager asked us all to evacuate the building 'just in case' and I drove home on the highway, where there were absolutely no other cars. 
Oddly enough, I had scheduled a concrete truck to pour my driveway at noon that day, so I sat on the porch with a portable tv and watched everything unfold, in tears and heartache. 
I've never prayed so much in one day (except the day my mom died).

All I could say is God is still in control and though I may not have the answers, God is close to the brokenhearted.

May we Never Forget...




PSALM 46

God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.
 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
 though its waters roar and foam
   and the mountains quake with their surging.

  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
   the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
   God will help her at break of day.
 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
   he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

  The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.

  Come and see what the LORD has done,
   the desolations he has brought on the earth.
 He makes wars cease
   to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
   he burns the shields with fire.
 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

  The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.