finding delight in the mundane since 1936

...
...
...
...

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time to Reflect

I'm not going to comment on current events or recent tragedies in the world, but I will say that my heart is grieved...
Every morning I take some time to get really quiet about my desires, needs and wants so that I can reset my heart and surrender my will to a loving God. He gives me a rich portion of compassion, patience, humility, long suffering and kindness but I don't always use those gifts appropriately. My heart has a leaning towards selfishness, praying for MY friends and MY family and MY needs. 
Then I realize...it's Not about me
God has a clever way of pricking my heart towards the people of the world who are hurting and in need. I need only to slow down, listen and obey.




I've got to say that I am so grateful for a nice little spot that I can retreat to for my quiet time, but I'd find a way to sit at the Lord's feet even if I was living in a pit.


If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
   If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
    Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.
- Psalm 139:8-10


p.s. - just ignore that big ol' restoration hardware book on the side table...it's nothing but a needless distraction and I'm trying to decide which door or window to prop open with it!
:-)