The Sunset Years




There's no doubt that my car and my dog are in their sunset years.
Oddly enough they are both well over a decade old and I've relied on them heavily for two different reasons.  One for unconditional love, the other for unconditional transportation. As much as I've tried to maintain and keep them going, the handwriting is on the wall, the time is near, their life spans are coming to an end.
My emotions are odd...I don't feel emotional, more like exasperated and somewhat powerless to change the inevitable. 
I had a wake up call this weekend: my car is a money pit of issues (and is no longer safe to drive), and my dog is too sick to even walk around the block. I know my fur child is shouldn't be compared to a car because I have genuine love for her and the car is just a material item (though somewhat necessary in this city).
But both are headed to get checked out in the morning (the mechanic and the vet) and I think I'm prepared for the diagnoses from a practical standpoint but not from a heart standpoint.

I still remember cleaning out my mothers' car after she passed away. 
Every crumb, penny, note, map, umbrella and scratch had a memory attached to it. 
And when our family pet died, we were all so devastated that we couldn't even look at another dog without crying...

Okay folks, I'm not going there! 
This wasn't supposed to be a sad post! 
I just wanted to vent my strange state of mind as I seek to take care of these time-proven blessings in my life and make pivotal transitions.


:-(

I promise I'll report back on some happy house stuff very soon.


Comments

Bonnie said…
I am hoping for a good report from your vet. Watching a beloved pet age is difficult. Keep us posted....hugs! Bonnie
Roeshel said…
Thinking of you. Hoping it some good news. :) {hugs}
Glorious said…
Thanks y'all.
She's been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, so I'm going to take a few days with her before it's too much for her to take.

could care less about the car, would rather walk and have my little pal than anything else.

At least I have some time for a long goodbye.
Thanking God through all of this...

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.