Morning Reflection


**seems un-related but this morning these dishes, the colors and the sunlight made me smile**

"my peace I give you" John 14:27

In yesterdays' Streams in the Desert, it talked about the life of Christ, 'which was one of the most troubled lives ever lived. Storms and turmoil, turmoil and storms -- wave after wave broke over Him until His worn body was laid in the tomb. Yet His inner life was a smooth as a sea of glass, and a great calm was always there.'

This past week, I visited a friend who is recovering from a double mastectomy (she's in her 30's and just found true love). Her attitude was much like Christ, inner life is as smooth as a sea of glass, though she is experiencing a worn body, turmoil and storms. She even went to church on Sunday. The night before her surgery, I asked how I could pray for her and she said to pray for her family and their fears, but said "don't you worry about me, I'm gonna be okay, I'm not afraid at all". 

My friend has taught me so much about God's amazing peace which surpasses all understanding. Instead of wincing at my own problems I have been beseeching the Lord in prayer for my friend and many others and it's changed my outlook. The cloud of chaos and doom aren't nagging me today. I am dealing with my circumstances one day at a time, and today, I am still in my home, I am healthy enough to walk, talk, eat and function, and I have the ability to pray for others to a God who listens and gives me peace.
Knowing Christ suffered yet still remained calm is the best example of how I can live this life.

To my friend: God is near and hears our prayers. You and Jesus are my inspiration.
"I have prayed for you...that your faith may not fail." (Luke 22:32)

'Faith is the communication link between heaven and earth'

btw, I haven't lost a finger, for some reason my index finger is hidden at this perspective!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.