perfect peace

there are wheels on the bottom of his feet

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
- John 14:27
this is the 2nd time I've referenced that scripture in a week. I must need peace!












Woke up way too early, saw a critter (the second bug I've seen this month) and couldn't go back to bed. I took it as a sign that I should finish re-writing the script I've been working on. I've washed two loads of clothes, made a note to call the exterminator, let the dog out, made coffee and started a new recycling bin. The script, however, is slow moving.

I felt compelled to repent for a very bitter attitude that I had last week. It was directed at..., well that's not really important, I just knew it wasn't the type of emotion I wanted taking root in my heart. Yesterday as I was writing, I could feel a wave of stress rolling over my shoulders. I realized that I've been missing my mom lately. I looked at pictures of her and thought about the way she handled stress...  on her knees.

This morning, I know I was awakened for a reason. Jesus wants us to have His perfect peace and to forgive so that we can be forgiven. My sweet Jesus isn't just an action figure in a box, He is the reason I live and breathe today. He's my rock, my deliverer and my redeemer. He is a soothing balm to all of my wounds, and even if I were wound-less, He would still be a friend that is closer than any other.

Anyway, I may have some good news next month. I've already had several freelance opportunities and I'm trying to make definitive progress on this current project before I start teaching again in July.

Despite the heat, I hope you have an amazingly wonderful day and I hope you get to experience Jesus, outside of the box!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.