The Big Bad Wolf and My Alamo


my hydrangeas finally bloomed. they didn't last year.



the arcs of stone and brick out front are quite solid.




nothing really historic has ever happened here.




behold, the beauty of neglect



and the hope for potential.


"Once upon a time there were three little pigs and the time came for them to leave home and seek their fortunes.





Before they left, their mother told them " Whatever you do , do it the best that you can because that's the way to get along in the world.


The first little pig built his house out of straw because it was the easiest thing to do.
The second little pig built his house out of sticks. This was a little bit stronger than a straw house.
The third little pig built his house out of bricks.

One night the big bad wolf, who dearly loved to eat fat little piggies, came along and saw the first little pig in his house of straw. He said "Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!"
"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little pig."

And we All know what happened next!

So if the big bad wolf is my mortgage company,
then I'm the third little pig, standing behind a heavily latched door, bracing for the impact of the wolf's intrusion. 

Over the last few weeks I've received encouragement and prayers from so many. I have also learned that there are millions of other Americans in the same boat, fighting for their homes. The modification process is incredibly frustrating but, as my uncle said over the weekend, "This is your Alamo!"
I'm providing the mortgage company with everything they want and digging in my heels for the fight.
Shame and Fear are no longer binding me and I'm trusting in a living God.

Comments

Glorious said…
My mortgage company is reconsidering the original denial of the HAM modification. Yesterday they said that there was no reason I should have been kicked out of that program and that I may be re-instated and perhaps approved within a week. We'll see if they were just lying to me again or if they go ahead and settle this thing after a full year of debating.

Come On Big Bad Wolf, let's settle this!
Glorious said…
Yesterday the mortgage company called to say my paperwork has been sent to the underwriters. Pray that it goes through this time, nearly 14 months later!
Glorious said…
UPDATE: 16 months later, IT's FINALIZED. Praise God!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.