Is the sky falling?



I took this shot with my blackberry camera phone but it doesn't compare to the real thing that looked like a huge orange light at the end of the street!


As I walked home from work this afternoon, my attention was diverted from the long list of things I need to do (and surrender: including more car & financial woes), and as I passed the local library, train station, post office and city hall, I started to wonder what it would be like if the government actually shut down? Would we go outside and watch a sun set, listen to birds sing, think twice about using a credit card (racking up our own personal debt), make dinner at home, use less energy, walk to a neighbors house to say hello, appreciate the things we take for granted? Better yet, would the 'government' learn a lesson?!


just asking...




UPDATE: they came to an agreement, so no gov't shut down, and perhaps no lessons learned either...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Perfect Day on a Very Sad One.

Bloggin Blues

Zero Budget D.I.Y.